Healing Through Scientific Discovery
Darlene McCord Philanthropy
Darlene McCord Philantrophy Recognitions
- Recognized as one of America's Top Donors in 2010 in the Chronicle of Philanthropy with donations exceeding $1 million.
- Awarded the Airline Ambassadors “Global Humanitarian Award” with husband, Jim McCord, in 2009, United Nations, for work on the Buruli Ulcer.
- Donated to The University of Iowa Athletics and Biosciences Departments in support of student athletes and research fellowships in excess of $2 million.
- Grants to Independent Labs at Michigan State University and University of Tennessee for Buruli Research.
- McCord Research Grant to Baker IDI Heart & Diabetes Institute Epigenetic Laboratories, Melbourne, Australia. Tom Karagiannis, Ph.D. Head Researcher.